Monday, October 29, 2007

Datsun Twinnie

A friend of mine recently asked me to shape him something for the mushy slop-surf that we typically get here in the NY/NJ area. After telling him that my Brom twin just about tripled my wave count over my everyday shortboard, he was sold on a twin fin. So last week we began on what will eventually be known as The Datsun Twinnie (named in honor of his band, Red Datsun, and their recent debut release). The shape is basically a scaled up version of my Brom, with a few tweaks here 'n there. Still needs work, but here's the progress thus far...

The nose needs work, gonna add a beak nose. Ideally, I should've cut in the beak while cutting the top rail bands, but I didn't figure this out till reading Swaylocks afterwards....



Future owner and Red Datsun band member...


The tail, not quite there yet, but its a start...


Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to finish this one anytime soon, I'm leaving this week for the North Shore and two weeks of Hawaiian surf. Yippee!!!!!

Hopefully I'll have some pics of Hawaii to post, along with the finishing stages of the Datsun Twinnie.

Aloha,
kc

No comments: