Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lazy Summer Dayz

Must be the hot weather, the lazy haze in the sky, or the air conditioning headaches thats making me drag my feet these days. The water has gone flat for the most part, and its not looking good for surf for at least a week. *sigh*

In hopes of sparking some productivity, I visited the Home Depot store in Lodi, NJ last night. Talk about inspiration!!! I realized at the moment that I laid eyes on the lumber section, the tools department, and the countless rows of knicknack-filled bins, that I'd been doing things the hard way up until now. I had been visiting the local hardware store on the corner, the Home Depot "Lite" in Manhattan, and various other random places to pick up supplies and materials. In one fell swoop, I could've knocked out everything by visiting this one magnificent store (just 10 minutes from my house by ZipCar no less!!!). The grind of shopping for gear piecemeal from different locations around the city was really getting to me. Maybe thats why my momentum seemed to stall recently.

Well, I ended up buying all the parts necessary for my exhaust system as diagrammed in the Clark Foam catalog. Its the first time I've gone into a hardware store since I began this shaping obsession that I've actually been able to leave with every single thing I went in looking for.

I'll build the exhaust/vacuum system tonight, pics to come of my progress.

kc

No comments: