Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Bamboo Removeables

Yesterday during my usual lunchtime lurking of the Web (actually I lie...I lurk all day long) I stumbled upon a post on SurferMag's Design Forum that says Marlin Bacon of 101Fins, the guy behind the bamboo fins on my soon-to-arrive Mandala, will be releasing bamboo removables in the near future. The post indicated that he's taking pre-orders before advertising the new line on his website.



In a move to boost my shaper-ego, I decided to contact him in hopes of becoming part of the "pre-release" crowd who can say they own a set of these beauties. I anticipate saving these for my first fish, assuming I'm able actually shape one. Marlin responded to me within the hour and before I knew it, I had an order in for a set of CK (traditional twin keel) and K-9 (Speed Dialer-style quad) fins. After following up with him today for pricing/invoice, he said he'd throw in the shipping for me too. Good thing, considering the cost of these things....most likely, it will be well worth it though.

I feel like a broken record saying this, but blanks supposed to arrive this week.

No comments: