Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Spinning

Since the temperature is 1000 degrees outside, and working in my garage-turned-shaping room would be like shaping in a sauna, I decided instead to soak up the A/C and try making a spin template for an 8'0" funboard a few people have been requesting. Here's how it went:

First, I cut out my taped-together outline that I created and printed from the AkuShaper program...




Then, I traced half of the outline onto cardboard, then spun it around and put nose to tail and drew other side of outline opposite the first outline (does that make sense?)...


Cut out the resulting shape, and this is what you get...


So here's the big question...which side is the nose and which is the tail??? Pretty close actually. Hmm, I wonder if I could make a "spin" board with finboxes/leash plugs on both ends that could be used forwards and backwards

kc

No comments: