Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Zippidy Doo Dah

Since I've slowly been running out of space in my little shaping cave, I decided to make some board racks to move some of the mess up onto the walls. Here's the first one...built from scrap 2x4 and some 3/4" dowels. I have doubts as to its strength and ability to hold heavier longboards, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. "Eeeeh, suuuure its strong enough."...famous last words hehe.


BTW, here are some pics of a funboard for a guy at work. Its a bit thick here 'n there (especially in the nose), but since the guy is a total beginner I figure a little extra volume won't hurt. Its 8' x 22" x 2 7/8" or so.




In other news, I'm going to try glassing all four boards in the next week or so. As such, I spent the other night putting together glassing stands. Pretty simple really, just some metal posts clamped to my shaping stands, and some 1x4's screwed on top.Nothing fancy, perhaps a bit flimsy even. "Eeeeh, suuure its strong enough." ;)




Next post, glassing pics...

kc

No comments: