Thursday, May 24, 2007

FlexTails

Ok, once I get good enough to not eff up a blank, I want to make something like this. Its a flextail quad fish with tapered stringer by DK...and its sooo nice:



DK is an up and coming shaper along with a bunch of others (M. Caro, I. Zamora, D. Hess, and J. Hall) who are re-"shaping" (sorry, couldn't resist) the custom surfboard industry. These young, Pavel/Frye-influenced shapers and the shapes they create are just so much more interesting than the old school big name sellouts like Merrick, Rusty, JC, Biolas, et al (ahem, *cough*cough*... Surftech... *cough*cough*). Dunno, thats just my $0.021563. Man, ever since this shaping thing has taken over my life, I've become such a shaper snob.

Anyways, get a glimpse of the new school here.

Still waiting for blanks... :(

1 comment:

CDKyle said...

Wow, Dude...

Nice boards on that 'new school' link. It's great to see surfboards being made that are so beautiful. It really makes me appreciate the craftmanship even more!

Keep us posted!